and, or, but, so, because
Conjuncțiile sunt folosite pentru a conecta două propoziții într-o singură frază:
- I play tennis and I swim.
- You can go to the cinema, or you can visit your aunt.
- Ana loves oranges, but she hates pears.
- It was raining, so I took an umbrella.
- Peter is crying because he has failed his exams.
"and" este folosit pentru a adăuga elemente într-o înșiruire:
- She bought apples and bananas.
"or" este folosit pentru a evidenția opțiunile:
- You can have the blue pen or the red pen.
"but" este folosit pentru a arăta un contrast:
- I speak French but I’ve never been to France.
"so" prezintă un rezultat:
- Peter didn’t study, so he failed his exams.
"because" oferă un motiv:
Mai multe exemple
- I got wet because I didn’t take an umbrella.
- On Saturdays, we usually visit the zoo and on Sundays, we go to the park.
- I bought a skirt, some shoes and a jacket.
- We can have a holiday, or we can save our money.
- Can we have a picnic, or is the weather too bad?
- I’d like to go, but I don’t have any money.
- Tom ran, but he missed the bus.
- I was unhappy, so I ate some chocolate.
- I forgot the sun cream, so I got burnt.
- I got into university because I studied hard.
- I won’t buy a bicycle because I don't like cycling.
De obicei, folosim virgula înainte de "or", "but" și "so".
În cazul unei enumerări folosim virgula și "and" înaintea ultimului element:
- He studies maths, science, French and drama.
Putem folosi "because" la începutul unei propoziții:
- Because I don’t like cycling, I won't buy a bicycle.
Completați frazele cu conjuncția potrivită.